Everyone who wants to keep themselves fit or wants to lose weight has squatted in their workout routine, but you might not have heard of Hindu squats before. Primarily Hindu squats were done by the wrestlers in India. Still, now, due to their effectiveness, most people do them regularly. Here is everything you need to know about Hindu squats and why you should add them to your workout routine:
How To Do Hindu Squats:-
Here is the proper guide to doing the Hindu squats properly:
- Stand on your feet. Now place your feet directly under your shoulders.
- Now stretch your arms straight in front of your chest.
- Take a deep breath and move your hip back toward the ground. You have to raise your heels from the ground and move your hands behind your back at the same time.
- Now engage your core and keep your spine straight and try to touch your raised heels. You won’t be able to touch your heels at the start, but it is okay completely.
- Now stay in that position for a few seconds.
- Now exhale and lower your heels and move back to a standing position. And again, stretch your arms in front of your chest.
- You should start slowly and gradually increase the number of squats you do in one day.
Muscles That Are Targeted In Hindu Squats And What Are The Improvements:-
Some specific muscles are targeted in Hindu squats, and they also help us to improve other things.
Here are the muscles that are specially targeted in Hindu squats:
- Shoulder muscles.
- Calves muscles.
- Ankles muscles.
- Core muscles.
- Hip flexors.
Other Things They Improve:-
Things that are also improved when you do Hindu squats regularly:
- It increases strength.
- It improves flexibility, mobility, and stability.
- It improves overall body balance and posture.
- Helps in calorie burning and coordination.
- It improves the athletic and also the daily movement.
- Hindu squat increases ankle flexibility and functional fitness.
- Improves hypertrophy and both cardiovascular and muscular endurance.
- It improves health rates and provides strength for jumping, sprinting, and running.
Tips To Know Before Doing Hindu Squats:-
Here are some tips that everyone should know:
- Always keep your eyes straight while doing the squats, as your posture depends on it.
- Keep your body relaxed while doing the exercise.
- Your posture matters the most during the exercise. Keep your posture straight by keeping the spine straight and shoulders in the right position.
- Your legs should be wider when doing the exercise. It will reduce the pressure on the knees and increases stability.
- If you have any problem related to your shoulder, then you can eliminate arm movement.
- If you want to increase the difficulty level, then you can also add weights to your exercise. Like you can wear a resistance band, you can also hold some weights or wear shoulder weights. But never start from the heavyweight. You should add the lightest weight to the exercise first and then gradually add more.
- Try to breathe smoothly and properly during the exercise.
- When you realize that you can do the exercise properly, you can add diaphragmatic breathing.
Some Common Squat Mistakes:-
All the exercises mainly depend upon the right posture, but in a squat right, posture matters the most. Here are some common squat mistakes that everyone should avoid.
- Not properly dropping down is the most common mistake that many people make. To drop down lower, you should keep your legs at a wider stance. The perfect squat position is when the hip joints are lower than the knee joints.
- Do not point your knees inward as it can cause some injury or destroys the posture. To fix this problem, you should check that your knees, hips, and ankles are inline. It will make the right posture.
- Never lean forward while doing Hindu squat. Those who are doing quats for the first time tend to lean forward as it feels comfortable. But in reality, it destroys the effectiveness of the exercise. In real you should put all your body weight on your heels so that your spine remains straight.
- Keep your movement slow as moving fast while going down might be harmful instead of providing any benefit. It can involve you in some injury. So do this exercise calmly and slowly.
- Do not forget your warm-up before doing squats. Otherwise, it can pull your muscles, or your joints might become painful. These warmups help your body to get ready for the exercise.
Hindu Squats Bad For Your Knees Or Not?
Most people think that Hindu squats are bad for the knees. As discussed above, the right posture in this exercise matters the most. If you do the squats correctly, as mentioned above, then you won’t face any problem. Here are some other Hindu squats benefits for knees that you will get:
- It will improve the overall health of the knees.
- It also increases the strength of the knees.
- This exercise also helps you to prevent injury.
What If You Have Bad Knee?-
There is no proof that Hindu squats are harmful to the knees, but no doubt this exercise puts a lot of pressure on the knees. If you have any knee injury or knee problem, you should consult your doctor before doing this exercise.
You can also use some support if you cannot perform this exercise without support. You can use a chair or blocks that will help you get some support while going down. You can also use knee braces or do not go all the way down.
Some other exercises have a low impact on the joints, especially on the knees, such as swimming and walking. One can opt for them as prevention is better than cure.
In A Nutshell:-
Adding the right and effective exercise to your workout routine is very important. Hindu squats do not require any types of equipment, and it does not require complex cautions, so it is best for those who love workout at home.