Lip fillers will give a plumper and fuller appearance to your lips. This process is not complex and is not permanent. To maintain the look, you have to get the injections in the future. This whole procedure only takes few minutes. This procedure is completely pain-free as you are going to make changes to your facial appearance. Hence, it is necessary to consider some facts before going through the procedure and what to expect after the procedure.
Things To Know Before The Lip Fillers:-
here are the things that you should know about and consider before going for lip fillers:
Most Common Types Of Lip Fillers:-
The most common type of filler is probably the very convenient one. In the start, collagen was used as lip fillers, and the drawback of this lip filler is that it is a permanent method. This is considered a drawback because you cannot get it removed if you do not like the final look. Instead of collagen, hyaluronic acid is used as it is the substance found in our body naturally, and you can get it removed if you do not like the results.
When You Will See The Results:-
You will not see the results right after the treatment. Right after the treatment, your lips will be swollen for almost one day so do not get worried. The swollen will reduce gradually. You will see the exact results after four weeks. The swelling goes down after 2 to 3 days, but your lips will not look in the shape you desired. The filler will require some time to adjust itself properly. Your doctor might ask you to come after few days to see the results and answer any queries.
Are These Fillers Are Safe:-
The FDA approves hyaluronic acid fillers, and they are perfectly safe if you get the process done by a professional. It is very rare to face some issue, and you can contact your doctor in such a case. If needed, he will advise you to get your HA lip fillers dissolved. But in the case of collagen lip fillers, it is very difficult to remove them.
How Long The Results Will Last:-
As the collagen lip fillers are permanent so the results are for the lifetime. But in the case of the HA lip fillers, which are temporary, the results will last for 6 to 10 months, and it also depends upon the type of HA lip filler you are going to use.
Are There Any The Side Effects?-
The most common side effects are swollen and sore lips for 2 to 3 days after the treatment. You will also notice bruising, and redness as the fillers are injected through injection. There is also a rare chance of allergic reaction. Consult your doctor in this case.
Choose The Right Doctor:-
Choosing the right and qualified practitioner for lip fillers is very important. Your whole appearance depends upon him. There are many cases where people have to deal with botched lips after getting treatment from unqualified practitioners. You can also check reviews about the doctor and, if possible, check for the lip fillers before and after the results of other patients of the doctor.
How The Procedure Is Performed:-
As you know that lip filling is not a time taking and complex process. Here are the few steps that your doctor will perform:
- In the case of bovine collagen filler, your doctor will first test your skin with it to check if there are any allergic reactions. If any allergy occurs, then he will recommend you some alternative options.
- First of all, your doctor will numb your lips by injecting the aesthetic into your mouth. Online at this point, you will feel a prick.
- After your lips are numb, your doctor will directly inject the filler into your lips. When the filler is injected, your chin and the cheeks might feel cold, or some people also feel stinging.
Some Aftercare Tips:-
Here are some of the aftercare tips:
- Apply an ice pack to your swollen lips to reduce the swollen, redness, and pain.
- Take proper rest for 2 to 3 days to speed up the recovery.
- Do not get yourself involved in any strenuous activity as it can increase the pain and swelling.
- Drink as much water as you can to keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid high temperatures as it can worsen the swelling.
- Ask your doctor to prescribe some painkillers to reduce the pain.
- When lying, keep your head elevated for 2 to 3 days as it will help you reduce the swelling.
- Do not apply any cosmetics on your lips for few days.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol for at least 3 to 4 days.
- Do not fly for at least a week as the air pressure can increase the swelling and bruising.
Consult Your Doctor:-
If the following problems occur, then you should consult your doctor:
- If you’re swelling and the bruising does not go away even after a week, then you should see your doctor. Or if you notice any allergies, you should see your doctor as the allergies are rare, but they can happen.
- Vascular occlusion is the condition when the filler is mistakenly injected into an artery or near the artery. You will know about it when you notice severe pain or white spots, which indicates that the tissue is starting to die.
- If you are prone to cold sores or herpes simplex virus, tell your doctor about it before the treatment. Otherwise, it can lead to an outbreak, and you have to go through antiviral treatment.
How To Decide The Look:-
You can decide what type of look you want by deciding whether you want to define the edges of your lips or want your lips to look filled and larger. You can also show the pictures of the lips that you like.
Getting a lip filler is not a complicated and challenging task if you get it done by the right doctor and follow all the instructions and precautions. As the cosmetic industry is making progress day by day, more convenient and less painful lip fillers are being introduced.