Lotrimin Ultra is used to treat skin fungal infections. There is an unbranded version similar to Lotrimin available in the United States. The cost for 30 grams of Lotrimin Ultra, 1% Athlete’s Foot Cream topical cream is approximately $17. You can save up to 80 percent when you purchase the free prescription coupon at any pharmacy that is participating close to your home.
How can you tell the differences between Lotrimin and Lotrimin Ultra?
The Lotrimin AF basic version (Clotrimazole) has been used. It went from prescription-only to Over Counter in 2002. The “newer” version is Lotrimin Ultra. It is an entirely different drug (Butenafine Hydrochloride 1 %).
Active Ingredients: Butenafine Hydrochloride (1 %)
Inactive Ingredients: Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Monostearate SE, Polyoxyethylene Cetyl Ether, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate, Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Trolamine, White Petrolatum
How to use it?
Use this medicine on just the face. Gently apply it, typically 2-3 times a day, according to the directions on the packaging. Cleanse and dry thoroughly the area that is to be treated. Apply a thin coating of the medicine to the affected area.
Suppose you have any concerns consult your physician or pharmacist. Should your medical professional have given you, this medication follows the instructions. Clean your hands after using the medication, unless the area being treated is the hands. Don’t wrap, cover or wrap the area unless instructed to apply the treatment or your doctor. Avoid applying the Lotrimin ultra to the nostrils, eyes, the vagina, or inside the mouth and on scalps.
If you do happen to get the medication in those places, flush them with lots of water. The dosage and duration of treatment will depend on the kind of disease being treated. Do not apply the medication more frequently or apply it for longer than the prescribed time. This can increase the risk of adverse effects. Use this medication regularly to get the best benefits from it.
To make it easier to remember to take it, you should use your medication every day at the exact time. Continue to take this medication until the whole treatment is completed, even if the symptoms do not disappear within a few days. If you stop the medication too soon, it could result in a recurrence of the infection. Inform your physician if your conditions worsen or fail to get better after treatment.
- Topical method of application Apply a dose as quickly as possible. If it’s getting close to taking your next dose, put it off until the time is right and then apply the regular dose. Don’t take a second dose to compensate for the missed dose.
- Your doctor will inform you of the dosage of medicine you need to use and the frequency of taking it. Please don’t use more medication or take it more frequently than prescribed by your physician.
- Use all the prescribed medication to treat the disease, even if you feel better after the first few doses.
- Apply the Lotrimin ultra to both feet if you suffer from an athlete’s foot. If you apply the medication after bathing, thoroughly clean your feet, and dry between the toes using an apron before applying the medication.
- Keep the medication in a tightly sealed bottle at room temperatures and away from moisture, heat, and direct light. Apply this cream solely to your face. Make sure you don’t get the medication into your nose, eyes, or mouth. Please clean it up immediately when it comes into contact with an injury or a scratch.
- The application route for topical applications applies a thin layer of medication to the area affected.
- If you have missed the dose, take it whenever you can remember. If it’s near the time for your next dose, do not take the dose you missed. Take your next dose at the same time as your previous dose. Don’t double the dose to make up the time.
- Before taking Lotrimin ultra, consult your physician or pharmacist if sensitive to butenafine or antifungals containing allylamine (e.g., the naftifine, the terbinafine) or are suffering from any other allergies. This product could contain inactive ingredients that cause allergic reactions or other issues. Consult your doctor for more information.
- Before taking this medication, you must inform your physician or pharmacist about any medical conditions you may have, specifically for athletes’ feet on the side or bottom of the foot.
- In pregnancy, the medication should only be used when required. Discuss the benefits and risks with your physician.
- It is unclear if the drug is absorbed by Breast milk. Check with your physician before breastfeeding.
Keep at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat. Ask your pharmacist or consult the product labeling to determine the exact temperature guidelines. Make sure that all medicines are kept far from the reach of children or pets. Do not flush medicines in the drain or pour them into the drain unless directed to do this. Be sure to dispose of this medication after Lotrimin ultra has expired or is not required anymore. Ask your pharmacist or your local waste disposal business.
Do not utilize it for any other purpose.
- On scalp or nails
- Near or in the mouth or near or in the eyes.
- Infections of vaginal yeast
If you do get into contact with the eyes, then wash completely with water. Stop use and speak to an eye doctor if excessive irritation occurs or the irritation becomes worse. Keep it out of the access of children. If swallowed, seek medical assistance or contact the Poison Control Center right away.
This product contains chemicals that are that is known within California. The state of California causes congenital disabilities, cancer, and other harm to reproductive health.
What exactly is Lotrimin Ultra used for?
It treats various fungal skin infections, including ringworm jock itching. The antifungal drug helps in preventing the development of fungi.
What will Lotrimin take to cure foot problems for athletes?
Lotrimin Ultra with Butenafine Hydrochloride 1% begins to relieve symptoms in just one day. It can treat most cases of athlete’s foot between toes within one week if used according to instructions.