Iron is a very important mineral in our dietary requirements. To replenish it, we can take iron supplements like ferosul tablets. Iron deficiency can cause many problems, and it is important to maintain proper iron levels in your blood. Iron deficiency is more common in women than them, and it can cause iron deficiency anemia, hair loss, and other problems.
Iron deficiency also occurs more in pregnant and feeding mothers. Iron deficiency causes iron deficiency anemia, and as a result, the person might start feeling lethargic and look pale. You will also experience dizziness and extreme fatigue all the time.
Ferosul tablets contain iron, and they are used to treat low levels of iron in your blood. Low levels of iron cause the red blood cells to shrink, and that is why these red blood cells are unable to carry enough oxygen. If you consume a low iron diet, then you need to take these iron supplements. If the iron levels in your blood are too low, then you have to take iron in the form of injectables as well.
This will replenish the lost levels of iron n your blood. Iron supplements can be bought without a prescription. However, it is better to still get advice from your doctor before starting this medication. Even if you have to take iron supplements like ferosul tablets, you should be using them for only a small amount of time.
Uses of ferosul
Ferosul tablets have great health benefits. Following are all those uses for which you need to take ferosul medication
- you can use it when you have low blood levels due to some chronic illness. The chronic illnesses that may require iro0n supplements are kidney diseases, cancer, and AIDS as well.
- Low levels of red blood cells occur due to iron deficiency, and these iron supplements can cure that anemia. Iv infusion or IM is given to the patient when they face severe iron deficiency in their body.
- Pregnant women also face low blood iron levels, and you should start taking iron supplements for this. Some women have also been prescribed these supplements after their pregnancy to replenish those low levels.
There are many other uses of taking iron supplements. The doctor can better prescribe them to you based on your condition.
Directions on taking ferosul tablet
To know you are taking ferosul tablets correctly, you need to act on following directions
- The direction regarding medication use is mentioned on a leaflet that comes with the medicine, and the patient should read that even if they have used that medication in the past. Suppose you have any queries regarding the use of medication that isn’t mentioned in the leaflet. In that case, you need to ask that to your doctor or a pharmacist.
- It is better to take your iron supplements on an empty stomach and make sure you aren’t taking any dairy product, tea, or coffee within 2 hours of taking your iron supplement.
- If you are taking extended-release tablets, you need to swallow it whole; crushing or chewing the tablet will cause all the iron to release immediately.
- When you are taking iron in the form of liquid suspension, then you need to shake the bottle well before use. This will allow the even distribution of active ingredients within the formulation. You will be getting the right dosage of iron from ferosul suspension.
- It is important to take your supplements regularly and to remember that you should be taking your supplements at the same time each day.
- When you take iron supplements in the liquid dosage form, you have to make sure you take it with the measuring spoon that comes with it instead of a spoon you have at home. This will ensure the right dose is given to the patients.
- To prevent staining of your teeth, you can mix the syrup with some water or orange juice.
Side effects of ferosul
Just like any other medication, the ferosul has some side effects as well. following are all these side effects of using ferosul
- In some patients, constipation and stomach cramps might occur. These side effects may appear when you start taking this medication. As you continue using them, these side effects will disappear as well.
- The allergic reaction due to ferosul is very rare, but if you notice any rash or breathing difficulty after the use of ferosul you need to get medical attention.
- Iron may cause your stools to turn black. This may worry some people but is not dangerous at all.
- This medicine must be prescribed to you by considering your benefit in mind. There are no severe side effects to this medication. Any of the side effects caused by this medication will eventually go away and is nothing you should be worried about.
Precautions with use of ferosul
There are some precautions that you need to take when you start using ferosul
- You have to tell your doctor about all the possible allergies that you have. Even if you are not allergic to iron, there are other chemical excipients in the ferosul. You can be allergic to them.
- This medicine shouldn’t be given in certain medical conditions, and that is why you should tell your doctor about all the preexisting disorders.
- Some of the iron supplements also have folic acid. If you have a vitamin B12 deficiency, then folic acid will not show the deficiency in lab ports, and that is how the vitamin B 132 levels are not replenished. This can cause neuronal problems as well.
- Liquid preparations like syrup or suspension have sugar in them, too, so you should get sugar-free formulations if you are a diabetic patient. You can also switch to ferosul tablets in that case.
This was all you needed to know about ferosul tablets or any other formulation. Iron deficiency anemia is becoming quite common, especially in women. It causes you to feel lethargic and will also cause excessive hair fall in people. To fix this problem, you need to take iron supplements like ferosul.