Doan pills are mainly used to treat muscular pain. This pain can be mild or moderate. Many people deal with muscular pain in their daily life especially back pain. Doan pills are more effective for back pain, but there is no clear evidence for this claim. Doan pills are also used to alleviate swelling and joint stiffness. Here is everything you need to know about Doan pills.
How To Use This Medicine?
Here are some safety measures that you should follow to avoid any side effects:
- Before using this medicine, you should read the direction properly and thoroughly.
- You have to take this medicine orally.
- Your doctor may prescribe you to take this medicine 3 to 4 times a day, so you should take it with a full glass of water. Or your doctor might prescribe you this medicine with food.
- You should avoid lying down right after taking medicine.
- If your doctor prescribed you to take this medicine with water and your stomach is upset, you can take Doan pills with milk or an antacid.
Doan pills can affect your stomach, so you should take them as prescribed by your doctor. To avoid any side effects, you should not take this medicine longer than your doctor prescribed, do not use Doan pills, and do not increase the dose of the medicine without asking your doctor. It is best to take the Doan pills with the lowest dose and for a short duration.
You should not take Doan pills for more than ten days unless your doctor prescribes you to take them for more than ten days. If you have health problems like arthritis, your doctor will ask you to continuously take Doan pills and discuss the side effects with your doctor. Your doctor will prescribe you to take medicine until the pain is completely gone.
Keep one thing in mind before using any pain-relieving medicines. These medicines are only effective if you use them at the start. These medicines do not work if your pain is worsening. If Doan pills do not work and your pain worsening then go to your doctor immediately.
To avoid any problems, instead of getting relief from using Doan pills, here are some precautions that you should take.
- If you have any allergies to NSAIDs, aspirin, and magnesium salicylate, discuss it with your doctor. Other inactive components in Doan pills can lead to allergic reactions.
- If we go for surgery, you must notify your doctor that you are using this medicine; otherwise, it can lead to complications in the surgery.
- People who have drinking and smoking habits are at higher risk of stomach bleeding. They should stop drinking and smoking and discuss it with their doctor before taking medicine.
- In older people, there increases the risk of stomach bleeding and kidney problems when using Doan pills.
- This medicine is not safe to use during the pregnancy, especially in the last three months, as it can harm the baby or cause complications during the delivery. Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or become pregnant while using the medicine.
- Breast-feeding mothers are not allowed to use this medicine. This medicine can pass into breast milk and harm the baby.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history if you have any of the given problems. Asthma, stomach problems, heart disease, liver disease, kidney problems, diabetes, and blood disorders.
- Those who have chickenpox, flu, and live virus vaccine should not take Doan pills.
Side Effects Of Doan Pills
Here are some side effects of Doan pills.
- Doan pills can upset your stomach and cause nausea. Go to your doctor if the symptoms worsen or persist.
- Doan pills can also raise blood pressure. You should regularly keep track of your blood pressure and consult your doctor if your blood pressure is high.
- The allergic reaction to this medicine is not common, but if you notice any reaction, go to your doctor immediately.
- Stop taking Doan pills if you notice any of the mentioned symptoms. Kidney problems like dark urine, increased heart rate, develop any signs of infection, tiredness, extreme stomach pain, and vomiting.
- Go to your doctor if you feel these symptoms: severe allergic reaction, itching, breathing problems, and dizziness.
There are other side effects too that are not mentioned here. If you notice anything unusual, then seek medical assistance immediately.
Things To Keep In Mind
Here are some key points related to Doan pills that you should keep in mind.
- Do not share the prescription of your doctor with others.
- Suppose your doctor asks you to take this medicine regularly. In that case, your doctor will also ask you to go for laboratory tests. Through these tests, you will know about your progress and any side effects.
- Suppose your doctor prescribes you this medicine for arthritis. In that case, you should change your lifestyle too for better results like weight loss and exercises. But first, consult your doctor about this.
- If you are taking this medicine regularly and if you forget to take medicine on time. Then you can take medicine at the moment you remember it. If the next dose’s time is near, you should take your next dose on time and skip this dose. Never take medicine two to complete the dose.
- Do not flush the medicine unless you are asked to do it. Discard the medicine properly.
- Keep the medicine in a dry and cool place.
If you someone who has the overdose on this medicine, then takes him to the hospital immediately. If the person is having breathing issues and is unconscious, then call the ambulance right away. Here are some symptoms of overdose.
- Ringing sound in the air.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Dizziness and drowsiness.
- It increased the breathing rate.
Wrapping It Up
There must be a reason that your doctor prescribed you this medicine, and many people do not feel any symptoms. Suppose you follow all your doctor’s advice and tell him about your medical history properly and thoroughly. In that case, there is nothing to be worried about.