A chemical peel is a medicated skin procedure done in a clinical setting by a dermatologist or skin expert. Before having any skin procedure done on your face, it is better to have an insight into that procedure before. People are concerned about their skin ad, so it is important to know what medical procedure is being done to your skin. Having it done by a certified medical professional is very important because if anything goes wrong, then you will have other skin problems at hand.
A chemical peel is a chemical that will slightly blister your skin, causing the dead skin to be removed. When the older deal and ul looking layer of skin peels off your skin, the new layer formed beneath it is smoother and fresh looking. It can also be used to remove hyperpigmentation to some extent. Different types of peels have different roles and purposes, and the practitioner will decide which peel will be suitable for your skin type.
Uses of chemical peel
There are many benefits of chemical peel. The following are some of the amazing benefits of getting this procedure done.
- Fine lines because of dehydrated skin around the eyes and mouth can be reduced by doing a chemical peel. When a new layer of your skin resurfaces, you should, at that point, be careful about taking care of that skin.
- Some mild scars left behind and injury or acne can also be removed with chemical peel help. Some of these scars are very difficult to deal with, so there will be no improvement with these scars.
- Some peels like salicylic acid and lactic acid are also helpful in controlling acne; when you have very severe acne, using such peels will dry that acne out and reduce the comedones that have been formed within your skin.
- Overtime use of some of the pees can also help you get rid of sun-damaged and wrinkled skin on your body.
- A chemical peel can improve your skin’s overall appearance and leave you behind with a good and fresh layer of skin.
Precautions while getting a chemical peel
Following is some of the necessary precautions that you need to follow before or after getting your chemical peel
- Before getting your chemical people done, make sure you haven’t been using any harsh chemicals on your skin. If you are using such an ingredient is already the chemical peel can also turn out into a chemical burn.
- After getting your chemical peel done, you also need to follow the same restriction of not using any harsh actives. A healing ointment prescribed to you should be the only thing you should be using for a few days after your chemical peel is done.
Make sure you limit your sun exposure after getting your chemical peel. Even if you have to expose yourself to the sun, you should be wearing a broad-spectrum sunblock
When your skin is peeling after the chemical peel procedure, you should let your skin peel independently. Don’t try to forcefully remove a layer because this can cause more irritation on your skin. The outer layer will shed off when the new layer beneath is ready to surface.
How to know if you are the right candidate for chemical peeling?
Suppose you want to know whether you are a good candidate for chemical peeling or not. In that case, you should visit a good dermatologist that can decide if a chemical peel is good for you or not. But following g are some of the things that make you a candidate for a chemical peel.
- If you have lighter skin, you will respond well to the chemical peeling compared to someone with dark skin and hair color.
- You either need to see an aesthetician or a cosmetic surgeon for your deep wrinkles and skin sagging. Expecting chemical peel to solve all the problems is not the right way to go at it.
- How chemical peels are done
- Chemical peels are done within a medical setting. So, don’t try to buy such peels and try doing them on your own. If you end up using too much chemical peel, you can damage your skin. The whole procedure of chemical peel done in such a way
- At first, they will clean your face very thoroughly or ask you to wash it properly.
- After completely drying your face, they will apply any peel on your skin with the help of a cotton pad. The peels that may be used on your skin include salicylic acid, trichloroacetic acid, glycolic acid, and phenol.
- The peel is applied without much friction and in a very gentle and smooth manner.
- When the peel has been applied, you will feel the burning sensation on you your skin, and that will go away on its own in few minutes. In the case of deeper peel, you will have to take painkillers to lessen the pain.
- It is better to avoid the sun for few times, especially without sunblock. Doing it for a month or two is very important so that the new layer that is being formed is healthy and not damaged.
- In some areas where the chemical peel is done deeply, then you can also put bandages on that area.
- Side effects of chemical peel
- There are some of the disadvantages of chemical peel, and the following are some of these side effects
- You will experience a chemical burn if your skin is already sensitive. Getting such a procedure done over your sensitive skin can cause such burns and may cause hyperpigmentation as well. This is also should be taken care of when you are ready pregnant.
There is also the risk of scarring in some places if your skin where the chemical peel is being used.
This was all you needed to know about a medical procedure chemical peel and having it done by a good medical practitioner. Any slight neglect in chemical peeling can cause other problems to you as well.