Caladryl lotion is an over-the-counter product. That is why it is important to learn everything about it; products are easily accessible and misused over the counter. To a medication correctly, you have to make sure that you are using a medicine correctly. Therefore, you read all the instructions regarding When a medicine is prescribed to you, its use is examined, which is why you can use it directly. Therefore, it is very important to listen carefully to all the instructions given and your pharmacist’s medication.
Caladryl lotion is a soothing lotion that helps you get relief from the irritation and itching on your skin that might be happening because of eczema, burns, insect bites, cold sores, and any other rash. When you apply nothing to these skin conditions, it may get very itchy, and scratching that affected area will make it even worse. The active ingredient that is present within the drug is pramoxine. Pramoxine is a local anesthetic that numbs the area on your skin that it is applied to. This way, you will feel nothing in that area, which could worsen the affected area or let it get aggravated. Finding treatment for real causes is also very important, and it shouldn’t be left unattended.
Caladryl lotion or other pramoxine-containing medications are used to relieve the pain and itching caused by hemorrhoids and anal fissures. All the pramoxine-containing medications, including Caladryl lotion, contains other ski protectants like zinc oxide, zinc acetate, and calamine as well.
How-to use Caladryl lotion
As you already know that reading and listening to all the instructions regarding medicine is essential. In the case of Caladryl lotion, it comes with a leaflet containing all the necessary instructions regarding medicine. Therefore, you should read that leaflet thoroughly. The following are some things you should know before using Caladryl lotion.
- Caladryl lotion or Caladryl clear is available in pharmacies as an over-the-counter medicine and intends to be used on the skin. So it should be used only on other skin and avoid using on deep cuts, open wounds, and severe burns.
- Before using the Caladryl lotion, make sure the affected area is clean and dry.
- Shake the bottle of Caladryl lotion well before using it, so the ingredients are dispersed well. The same is the case when it comes to foam and spray.
- When you are using Caladryl lotion for the hemorrhoids, you should apply it after your bowel movement. Then, make sure to reapply it 4 to 5 times a day.
- When applying it to the anal area, you should not insert the medication into your rectum.
- You should also apply it with the help of tissue when you are applying the foam. For example, take foam on a piece of tissue paper and apply it to the affected area.
- When using the hemorrhoidal cream, you should use it with the help of an applicator that comes in the packaging.
- Wash your hands after applying the medication to any area of your skin. This shouldn’t be the case when the area that you have treated is your own hands themselves.
- After applying the Caladryl lotion, don’t cover it with the help of bandages.
- Try not to apply to the larger areas of your body. If the condition is not getting better, you should see a skin specialist or any concerned doctor for this purpose.
Side effects of Caladryl lotion
Side effects are common with any medication. Some side effects are minor and fade away on their own time. In contrast, the other side effects are significant and can cause life-threatening problems. So it is better to go through the side effects of the mediation that you are using
- Someone can rarely get an allergic reaction by using those products if the drug starts itching and causing you more discomfort than before. If an allergic reaction occurs, you will notice rash, swelling, pain, and itching at the site.
- If you have problems like troubled breathing or severe dizziness, you should seek immediate medical attention.
Precautions help you avoid any side effects that might happen with the use of medication. Following are some of the precautions that you need to follow while using Caladryl lotion.
- You need to tell your doctor about any past medical history before they can prescribe you this medicine.
- It is crucial to inform your doctor about all the allergies that you have. This is because the Caladryl lotion has another ingredient in it as well. If you are allergic to any one of them, it can cause serious side effects.
- Before this medicine is prescribed, you should tell your doctor if you have a severe wound or burns.
- When you are using this product for hemorrhoids, and it starts to bleed from the rectum, you should stop using this medication and consult your doctor about this.
- You should use this medicine in pregnancy only when it is immensely needed. Please don’t use it on the breast while breastfeeding.
- It would be best to tell your dentist or surgeon about using this medicine or any other prescription or nonprescription drugs you are using before your procedure.
- While using this medicine, you should avoid using the routine skincare products that you use in that area of your skin. This is because some of the active ingredients in your skincare products can irritate the skin condition you are going through, and Caladryl clear won’t work.
This was all you needed to know about the Caladryl lotion. Even though it is a topical product, it should be used with care because the side effects can be quite severe when not used correctly. You should only use it on your skin and ensure it doesn’t get near your eye or mouth. Also, avoid using it for deep cuts and severe wounds. Using this medicine on such an area can cause more irritation in that area. These were all the things that will help you with the proper use of the medicine. With this guideline, you will know how to use it properly and what you should do when you experience side effects with this medication.